We suck at explaining stuff

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed Feb 6 20:03:08 UTC 2008

ons, 06 02 2008 kl. 19:25 +0000, skrev Jonathan Roberts:

> Anyway, I hope I haven't offended you and I hope you'll see where
> we're coming from too.

I think interviews would be a great way to both create a bit of hype
during the development cycle and maybe let you get away with smaller
release notes, in that most of the fun explanatory stuff could be hidden
behind a "learn more about this feature in this interview" link. This
would offload you during the cycle and give you a reference for writing
the feature notes.

Or we could raise the request that feature inclusion came with a demand
to provide a release note feature description. Even if such a note was
just 3 lines of text it would give something to go on and expand upon,
serve a base for asking questions.

There are ways to make your life easier, more productive ways than
saying that you are just 2 guys with limited time and if we want it
nicer we should contribute. By telling you where it hurts we are trying
to help, just like a user is helping me make Fedora better when he files
a bugreport.

- David