More statistics

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 15:23:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> It's a stats dashboard, showing a high level picture of the project
>> growth, which versions are used out there etc. Basically it's
>> something like smolt, but targeted to users/marketing, more like our
>> own manually-created fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics.

What I would really like to see is an automated reporting of the
following:

Total number of people who have signed the CLA (ie: folks with Fedora
accounts)

or

Total number of people with Edit Access on the wiki (folks in
EditGroup).

and

Total number of Ambassadors

tracked on a monthly basis, so that a year from now we can see if we're
growing, shrinking, and at what rate.  Maybe there are other useful
metrics here that I am not considering as well.

If these statistics were thrown into the mapping software, that would be
an added level of win.

Those maps have been incredibly powerful, especially when you show them
to an executive-level manager who can understand in 10 seconds of
looking at the map just how global Fedora is.

Would anyone like to volunteer to chat with Jef Spaleta and/or the
Infrastructure guys about this and drive it to completion?

Good opportunity to lead a relatively small project that will have
immediate payoff and results.

--Max