Fedora Studios Spin?

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:35:05 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 12:02 PM, Michael Beckwith <michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We could probably include stuff like video and sound editing in the art
> spin if it's not already planned. However, I also know that linux is a
> bit of a sore spot when it comes to really high quality video editing. I
> am not sure when that will change, but there are some programs out there
> that do the stuff.
>
> Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> > I was searching the web when i found this page
> > http://studio-linux.org/stu <http://studio-linux.org/studios/>dios/<http://studio-linux.org/studios/>,
> i know it is a little bit obsolete,
> > but if you see many of those studios  use (or used) Fedora Core 1/2.
> >
> > So I've got an idea: why don't create a Fedora Spin with open source
> > movie/sound/image programmes. Yes, i know you may think this is the
> > wrong place for such issues, but I'm here to asking you what you
> > think, maybe it would be useful to know if someone is available to
> > take such responsibility (building rpm, QA etc...).
> >
> > I read some time ago that there is an Art spin planned. Why don't add
> > movie tools and name it Fedora Studio Spin?  There are a lot of
> > hobbyists that are in search of a free studio suite for their own
> > videos and """films""", it could be a reason to chose fedora instead
> > of commercial alternatives that many can't legally afford.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Francesco Ugolini
> >

> --
> ~Michael
> http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)
> http://michaelbox.net (eventually)

I'm absolutely certain that the studio Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings
fame) used had Fedora Core 2. Now, I don't know what sort of Software they
used, but its been a long time since Fedora Core 2, and if it was 'good
enough' back then. Its more than useful right now.

Thats just my opinion.
--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos