Windows -> Fedora -> Windows

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Yahoo lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:36:38 UTC 2008

 From my experience dealing with new linux users, the main problem seems
to be the lack of the possibility to simply download programs from the
internet and install them. New users don't wan't to know if it's a
dangerous thing to do, and if there's repositories for software etc.
They want to get the program from the internet and install it. And even
those who understand it's best to only install software from official or
at least trusted 3rd party repos may get a little frustrated when they
realize there's a lot of good programs out there that don't show up in
the repos. People who just want to use Fedora or Linux in general, and
not play around with it, don't want to waste hours learing how to
compile etc. It really sucks, from the user point of view, to google the
internet, find something cool like a video editing program, for example,
and not being able to install it...