ubuntu marketing

Szabolcs Szakacsits szaka at ntfs-3g.org
Tue Feb 26 11:53:18 UTC 2008

Russell Harrison <rtlm10 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >  Ahem. Seems you haven't gotten the memo on NTFS
> >
> >  # yum info ntfs-3g
> Last I looked at it (quite some time ago) they were still
> saying write access could possibly require the sacrifice of
> a small animal.

Well, to be more specific, a Vista compatible full implementation
would take over 110 persons-years, cost over $20 million and the
size is almost like all the 60 in-kernel Linux file systems
altogether, or 9,000 printed pages preferably without any logic
error anywhere.

Naturally everybody expects this file sytem to perform as well,
as any Linux native file system but while the latter ones are
developed by dozens of coders paid by multi-billion and multi-milion
companies, the former one is a tiny community effort, with some
extraterrestrial help.

I hope this explains the issue somewhat better ;-)

     Szaka

--
NTFS-3G: http://ntfs-3g.org