Fedora TV is ready to go!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:42:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be worthwhile to add a single Fedora cast feed as a
> pre-defined default in any application that understands podcasts.  I
> maintain the gpodder package, so I have the ability to just do it, so
> I'm doing it with upstream's consent.  If we end up getting to the
> point where we need to have multiple feeds, then we might want to show
> constraint and not over-populate a default feed list in any
> application and let people grab additional feeds as the desire.

Just a little FYI.  Gpodder has the ability to set a URL for a channel
directory, for its "import from the web" channel selection feature.
We have the option to create a Fedora specific channel directory,
replacing the default one.  Would that be worthwhile? And if so would
it be legal?  Could we legally create such a directory file  hosted
inside the fedora project of "interesting" vorbis/theora feeds and
offer it as a directory of channels to choose from inside gpodder?
Does banshee offer a similar directory of channels option?

This is the current gpodder directory url for reference:
http://gpodder.berlios.de/directory.opml

-jef