Reminder: Fedora marketing meeting today

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 02:59:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> * Wish list for Istanbul videos.  MichaelBeckwith has some ideas.
>>
>> Speaking of screencasts....
>> I've been re-learning the gstreamer syntax so I can update the audio
>> splice script that was originally created for gst 0.8 on the
>> ScreenCasting page.
>>
>> I have a working script again.  Should I put it back into the wiki? If
>> you are interesting in having multiple versions of the same videos
>> with different audio, I would image this would be very handy.
>
> Absolutely you should!

Done.

As noted in the other thread.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting  has an updated version
of fedora-av-splice.sh which should work with gst-launch 0.10 as seen
in Fedora 8 and 9.
The script is archived in the wiki here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:ScreenCasting_fedora-av-splice.sh

I haven't fixed any other scripts on the Screencasting page yet.
Honestly I think this page needs to be blown up and redone in the
context of an organized effort at screencasting.

If video-ographers need specific gsteamer pipeline scripts like
fedora-av-splice to help with specific aspects of video production, I
can probably help create them as needed.  Though I hope to see more
effort to flush out pitivi so we don't have to dive down to the
cmdline and use scipts like fedora-av-splice by F11.

-jef