Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 18 06:14:08 UTC 2008

2008/6/18 susmit shannigrahi <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> In our previous APAC ambassadors meeting we were discussing about this idea[1].
>
> Generally the final/pre-final year engineering students need to do
> some project work on a topic.
> What I personally saw that they desperately search for one.
>
> we can make a lot of  new contributors if we provide them with a
> project to work, some guidence
> and may be a certificate at the end. (As they say, target this segment :))

This is a very cool idea, and has actually come up recently a few times:

The Fedora University Tour has turned up an initiative to create an
open source curriculum with Seneca(?)
The f-advisory-board list were talking about restating the mentors program
Internships are being plotted
Hans De Goede (I believe) gets his students to port applications over
and packages them for Fedora

I'll try and find links later, but these are all things that are worth
following up and the people behind them may be good people to get in
touch with about creating something more uniform :)

Best,

Jon