Fedora Contributor Stories

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 26 14:05:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 13:06 -0300, rafael liu wrote:
> I think it's a great idea. Nothing like hearing from passionate guys
> to raise passion on others. Making videos would definitely be a way to
> go.
>
> One thing I think is missing is a way, a channel, to reach common
> people, simple users, not just people working with Fedora Project. I
> find Read Hat Magazine a great idea, and such a light approach to
> market and be in touch with simple end users.

That's exactly what I mentioned when the idea was born during a talk
with Ricky yesterday @ #fedora-websites. We don't have a way yet to
communicate with a normal Fedora user excepts of events. You can hardly
ever see any info about Fedora on the Internet, excluding new releases
and mainly some statistics. Ricky's idea about such campaign(s) could be
a perfect way to reach an average user.

> Posting such videos there from time to time would certainly make lists
> like this bigger =)
>

> 2008/6/25 Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org>:
>         At FUDCon, one of the things that I loved was hearing peoples'
>         stories
>         of how they got involved with Fedora.  Could it be a good
>         marketing
>         campaign (aiming to attract new contributors) to collect and
>         publish
>         these somewhere?  Maybe this could somehow be related to
>         Mairin's "I am
>         Fedora" videos as well.
>
>         By the way, does the marketing team usually work on specific
>         campaigns
>         (with specific goals and targets)?  Would this be a good way
>         to organize
>         marketing work better?
>
>         What do you think?
>         Ricky