Beta Release Notes

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Mar 1 14:03:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:04:26 +0000
"Jonathan Roberts" <jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Anybody able to give me a definition of exactly what the beta release
> is!? i.e. feature complete? targeted at which set of users?!
>
> Or if somebody could point me in the right direction..

Beta release is when we freeze development to stabilize the tree in
order to have an installable package set.  All approved Fedora features
should be in a 'testable' state, that is ready for users to discover
functions, issues, and bugs.  It also marks the time at which we will
no longer accept new Feature requests, nor allow any significant string
changes in the software we do translations for.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)