Linux Powers The Spiderwick Chronicles

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:30:26 UTC 2008

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9951

==
During the production of Spiderwick, Tippett Studio switched to Fedora
Linux running on Macintosh desktops. "We currently have 119
Intel-based Apple Mac Pro workstations running Linux", says Tippett
Computer Graphics Supervisor Russell Darling. "We decided to go with
Apple hardware running Linux for our primary artist workstations on
The Spiderwick Chronicles, although it might have been considered a
risky endeavor for a show in production. We initially had some
problems with sound on Maya and a few other minor issues, but they
were resolved. We got a patch from Autodesk that took care of
everything." Commercial Linux software vendors work closely with film
studio clients.
==

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail