fedora store SIG

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 22:01:01 UTC 2008

Hey,

I was taking a look at the Store SIG wiki page, and I just had a few
questions/thoughts...

- Why is Zazzle not on the potential distributors list?
- Goal 1 states that we make it easier for Ambassadors and event
   organizers, however by potentially going through different
   distributors for different products (a lot of 'propsed items' are
   offered by different people), this seems to cancel itself out. (of
   course this is trivial)

One idea I had for a store was using distributors with nice APIs that
could submit orders automatically.  Thenw hat I would do is implement
all the products into one store (let's say at store.fedoraproject.org),
and when the order was placed on store.fp, orders would be placed with
distributors automatically, and the person ordering everything would be
notified of what distributors are sending what.

Also was there a meeting on 2008-03-05?  I noticed that meetings are
sparsley populated, and I could show up if the meetings didn't happen
while I was in school.  I'm not asking for a time change necessarily.

I'd like to discuss the future of the store with somebody. -- ian