Mandriva supports eee

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Mar 21 07:04:16 UTC 2008

Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> That's my take, anyway.  FWIW, the F8 rhgb doesn't scale properly on
> 800x480 and the gdm login screen just *barely* fits.  But those are both
> minor details.

We have a couple of bleeding edge stuff for this case too, so bleeding
edge that is probably can't be found on any other distro:

- as you may know, GDM is rewritten. It was so bleeding edge that it was
not included in GNOME 2.22, which reverted in the last minute to the
previous version. The Red Hat Desktop team is confident that the
additional time will allow them to fix the last remaining issues. I have
not looked at the layout yet (will do after the Beta, but I don't have
an Eee anyway) but it is supposed to scale much better. It would be
useful is some Eee user will test that and report the bugs, if any.

- another brand-new feature form the Desktop Team is multiresolution
backgrounds. That is, the Art Team can provide the desktop wallpaper as
an XML linking to multiple images, appropriate for various screen sizes.
I will try to take care of that so we do not forget 800x480 as one of
those sizes.

I think we have enough facts that until the release day will allow us to
spin a positive image for Fedora's Eee usage.