Boxed version of Fedora

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 19:20:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Something for the store SIG to consider as there is a good amount of
> support for it
>
> http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184031

I really think this idea is neat, and is something missing from
Fedora... it's not absolutely necessary, per se, but many other
distributions have CDs you can buy that support the project.

The only thing that would potentially hang it up would be the need to
design/write a quick manual of some sort and where to print the
stickers.

Of course, I'd look at another company as a great example in doing this:
Apple.  Their box for the latest OS X, Leopard, is very nice, and
utilizes its space well.  There is a short manual containing information
on installing, what you can do with it, and how to get help (however the
text in it is quite small), the installation DVD is included, and of
course, Apple logo stickers.

I'm sure you can find pictures online, but if necessary I'll take
pictures if I get a chance.

-- ian