"your fedora story" idea?

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 22 17:07:57 UTC 2008

<6f631c430803220650v22d7dde2k6af1eebd3038d8a8 at mail.gmail.com> <alpine.LFD.1.00.0803220956000.24190 at slartibartfast.lan>

Hey,

> Well, based on all the other great support, I think I'm gonna go ahead
> with this idea.  It was half baked at the time, and I think I'm gonna
> get it out more...

Great :)

> I've brainstormed some names and I've written my thoughts under 'em.
> Let me know what you guys think.
>
> - Fedora Stories
>    of course, sometimes the word 'story' means fictional story to some

This sounds good to me...

> and so on.  I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get a subdomain off
> fedoraproject.org with our name -- i.e., stories.fedoraproject.org,
> showandtell.fedoraproject.org...

I'm not sure this is necessary as it's maybe more of a project to come
under an existing one. From the top of my head, FWN might be interested, or
we could maybe work it in the same way that we're doing the interviews.

The advantage of going either of these two routes is that we've got
experience with it and an existing audience.

> To answer gopal's question on how one would submit their story, either a
> web form or an email address would work.  I'd think a web form might be
> better, because redhat legal might want all of them licensed in a
> certain way for us to be able to use them.

To my mind, this is the most important question, and maybe you'd like to
think about these things:

 * How are you going to find people who have a story to tell?
 * How are they going to submit the story?
 * What format will they be presented in?
 * How will you let people know they exist?

Just my thoughts on the matter, might be that others disagree entirely with
me, but I at least think this is a great starting point :)

Jon