New product utilising Fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 22 23:09:29 UTC 2008

Stewart Campbell wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> Firstly, please accept my congratulations and thanks to the Fedora team
> and the Fedora community.  My name is Stewart Campbell and I am the
> director of Nebtrex Distribution (a Brisbane based firm in Australia).
> My company switched to Fedora several years ago for our internal systems
> and servers, and it has provided us with an excellent platform.

Good to know. Congrats on your product release.

> The purpose of this email is to inform the Fedora community (especially
> the marketing sectors) that we have just launched a new product in
> Australia running Fedora 8.  This new desktop product comes
> pre-installed with Fedora 8 (also supplied on DVD).  We have made many
> modifications to the image to provide, what we believe, is a easy to use
> platform for both business and home markets.
>
> I hope this information will be of some use to the Fedora marketing and
> also act as another example of what can be achieved with Fedora.  If you
> would like more information regarding this product release, please do
> not hesitate to contact me directly.

There are some obvious questions from the Fedora perspective:

Tell us about yourself
Can you give us more details about your product?
Why Fedora?

When did you get started?
What kind of changes have you made? How did you make them? (Did you use
tools like livecd-creator or pungi?)
Have you contributed any of these changes back to Fedora?

What is the future roadmap?
What can we do to make Fedora a better base for your product?

> In addition, I would like to suggest the introduction of a Fedora site
> devoted to products utilising the OS.  This would encourage promotion to
> new and existing Fedora users.  As Fedora is used internationally,
> appropriate filtering would be useful.

We are close to launching a news site. We could probably have a section
there. I am not sure a separate site is useful unless we have a number
of other prominent projects/products based on Fedora to promote.

Rahul