Beta Metrics

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 22:09:15 UTC 2008

So last time I ran some metrics against alpha, mostly just numbers.  This
time around I'm going to keep better track of them and present them in a
more visual way.

I'll be adding more and more here as time goes on with more and more
updated stats:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/

As always with metrics its important to understand the underlying causes
of things.  For example, the isodownloads.png makes it look like the beta
launch went much much better then the alpha launch but the
"publicMirrorList.png" tells a different story.  This is likely because of
what we linked too from the release announcement.  The Alpha announcement
talked about download.fedoraproject.org direclty which bypassed our
ability to log iso hits in the same way.

If anyone has any specific requests let me know.

	-Mike