Beta Metrics

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:25:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:09 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> So last time I ran some metrics against alpha, mostly just numbers.  This
> time around I'm going to keep better track of them and present them in a
> more visual way.
>
> I'll be adding more and more here as time goes on with more and more
> updated stats:
>
> http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/
>
> As always with metrics its important to understand the underlying causes
> of things.  For example, the isodownloads.png makes it look like the beta
> launch went much much better then the alpha launch but the
> "publicMirrorList.png" tells a different story.  This is likely because of
> what we linked too from the release announcement.  The Alpha announcement
> talked about download.fedoraproject.org direclty which bypassed our
> ability to log iso hits in the same way.

So just to make sure we know for next time -- it's better for our
statistical tracking to direct things to fedoraproject.org/get-fedora or
some other such 'vanilla' fp.o page, correct?  If that's preferable, we
just need to make sure users can find what they need easily from their
landing point there.  Right now, it's pretty good but there are always
chances for improvements.