Key Marketing Messages

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 18:54:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> * Marketing Plan, Key Marketing Messages.  Currently owned by the very
> busy Max Spevack.  We *really* need to nail these down as the date for
> F9 continues to approach, since all of our other activities depend on
> having this messaging solid.

Well, let me start right here:

Overall, we are trying to talk about Fedora from the following four
points of view:

Folks

Freedom

Features

First

So, the question I ask myself is this: "in the Fedora 9 cycle, what good
stories can we tell in each of these categories?"

Here's some stuff off the top of my head (and keeping in mind that some
things can fit into multiple buckets):

Folks:
 	Jon Stanley and the re-lanuch of BugZappers.
 	The Art Team and their (once again) brilliant work for F9.

Features:
 	Package Kit
 	Live USB persistence
 	KDE 4
 	Encrypted filesystems
 	*tons of stuff*

First:
 	What from the "features" list was Red Hat or Fedora the upstream
of?  Where have we created features that are being used cross-distro but
it is recognized that Fedora or Red Hat is the upstream innovator?

If we can take information that appears on
 	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/SingleSourceSummary

and build it out in a way that can fit into these buckets, perhaps in
the ReleaseSummary, then I think we go a long way to having our
"general" messaging points with "Fedora 9 specific" details.

--Max