New Content for fedoraproject.org

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Thu May 1 05:13:59 UTC 2008

> Juan Camilo Prada wrote:
>

> > The idea here is to start thinking about the objective of the website.
> > Right now there is no defined horizon and so the website is not that
> > useful as it should be. Think of this effort as a "start from scratch"
> > as nobody seems to know what the real objective for the website should
> > be, so finding that would lead us to get the correct content to be used
>
> I think we are going through the same discussions every now and then. If
> you are going to lead the effort, I suggest you make a decision based on
> earlier feedback from
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00076.html

I remember that discussion (i think i started it back then)

> One concrete short term improvement would be to look at changing the
> download page for the Fedora 9 release. Details at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/NewGetFedora
>
> Rahul

One thing we settled in the websites meeting is the difference between
small changes and long term overhauls. For fedora 9 release there is
nothing to be done in this effort apart from what it is usually done
when a new release comes (new screenshots, new links here and there and
promoting the new release)

This new vision of the website is gonna be the base for what the website
should be in the future (probably for fedora 10 release) which would be
in the category of an overhaul as there will be lots of changes
including (but not limited to it) the content of the site.

So as discussed in the meeting, some leadership is needed in order to
accomplish that... that is why i want some people here in the marketing
team to help on it... we will be deciding what we think the website
should be. Making this decisions doesn't mean that that is exactly what
should appear on the site, but will give us an idea on what the website
should be for (remember that the website is a tool for promoting the
project and so far it is not doing it in the best way).

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada at fedoraproject.org>