New Content for fedoraproject.org

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 1 05:55:31 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> Thats exactly what i try to avoid with this. Having just small changes
> is good for a small periods of time, but requirements to satisfy the
> users of a website change and in order to keep those users we have to
> change the way the website behaves and  sooner or later that must be
> done (the sooner the less users we lose)

Incremental changes can be done in parallel with discussions about
alternative designs.

> Just try to visualize the project in two or three years having the same
> website, no effort being made to get new content and new attractive
> things for the users. Wouldn't that makes you think the project is
> dying?...

If I find a good design, it becomes part of the brand and doesn't have
to change ever so often fundamentally.  There is a effort going to setup
news.fp.o and help with that is welcome. Karsten Wade also proposed
making the front page more dynamic via RSS feeds. Mockup at

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/websites/index-rss.html.

If you have other ideas, showing mockups like that is easier to make
sure all of us are talking about the same thing.

Rahul