New Content for fedoraproject.org

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 1 07:21:09 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> Good, thats an excellent starting point and i definitely have that in my
> mind, now as we are using the website to promote the project we need to
> find the way to show that information, but to provide it we need it
> first. Having those ideas you just mentioned in mind, we need to specify
> the content that will succeed to answer those questions you propose, so
> thats why im asking for help as i can find some information useful but
> it doesnt mean that it will be usefull for everybody.

It would be useful if you show what information you have found. This was
already given several times before but let me try again:

Front page mockups:

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/websites/index-rss.html

Mo suggested using http://gnome.org like single banner instead of a
series of screenshots. So you might to consider that. A mockup to show
this is availabe at

http://jonrob.fedorapeople.org/fp_home.png

The download page should be integrate some of the details from

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/Download

Intel, AMD pcs sound more familiar to people compared to x86
architecture for example. Look at what other distributions do in the
same space for some comparisons.  There is a explanation of bittorrent
and how to make use of it. Jidgo is explained in

http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/jigdo/

More details at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/NewGetFedora

Spins needs a better site at http://spins.fedoraproject.org.  Mo's ideas at