Top Ten Tasks For www.fedoraproject.org

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 15:37:23 UTC 2008

2008/5/10 Michael Beckwith <michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com>:

> Personally, I think it'd almost be perfectly safe to offer just 32bit by
> default. It'll be almost guaranteed to run. Someone wanting 64bit will know
> enough to click a little bit more and find the 64bit version. Only exception
> to these thoughts would be the PowerPC ones which I'm not the most familiar
> with.

+1

Most part of people will be happy, not only because is simple choose their
version else faster. By this way Fedora should be easy, without let of be
useful for advanced users.
For example:

Desktop 32 Bits     (?).  If a user wants to know "what is it" just do a
click on the (?). And it will show a description about what is Desktop 32
Bit.
Desktop 64 Bits     (?).  The same, but should be clear that this option is
not recomended for inexpert users.
Desktop PowerPC  (?). Only choose this option if you want Fedora running on
your Mac. (Description).

Finally I think is useful a little space for common quiestions. For example
a have 3 basic questions. (This is thinking curious user ). A short answer
and a link to documentation if its necesary.

All the software provided in Fedora 64 bits, is completely optimized for 64
bits processors?
Are there a big difference on performance between 32 bits and 64 bits
version for common users?
If a have a laptop, the power consumption is the same on 32 bits and 64
bits?

Regards.

--
Diego Escobar