Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 21 20:49:53 UTC 2008

2008/5/21 Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> Who's up to the challenge of creating an experimental rss feed for
> Fedora tutorial screencasts in theora that we can use in miro out of
> the box in Fedora 9?
>
> I've been trying to find a spare machine at work to host this sort of
> thing... but I've just utterly failed.  I was hoping to surprise
> everyone with a workable demo that you could submit theora vids to for
> me to host as a starting point for figuring out how to really deal
> with open video content in a user accessible way.  I think miro is a
> workable solution.  But I've failed to deliver.
>
> So now I'm asking everyone on this list for help.
>
> Can someone put together a simple rss feed with just a couple of
> theora videos that miro understands as a channel?  It doesn't have to
> be a huge hosting commitment. We don't need to start with a Broadcast
> Machine implementation and use Miro's inherent ability to speak
> torrent.  We should be able to demo a feed using video houses in
> Fedora's people space.

I'll happily have a crack at creating an rss feed based on the videos
in Paul's fedorapeople space, but I doubt I'll get to it until
tomorrow evening.

If anyone else wants to have a go, or take a crack at this, then feel
free to go for it!

> Once we have that, we can move on beyond screencasts into web camera
> interviews and so on and so on.

This is quite an exciting idea :)

> So who's game. I really have to apologize for not having the time to
> get a hosting instance together for videos as a starting point for a
> full discussion.

No problem, we're all busy!

Best,

Jon