I want a virtual Fedora coffee table book and you are going to help me get it.

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 20:46:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we fabricate these things for small cost so that ambassadors and
> other individuals could easily obtain them?  We are too global to have
> a single physical object being shipped around for this to scale.  I'd
> say speech balloon on a coffee mug, but coffee mugs are somewhat
> mundane.

What about the components of the logo in any form not just one single
object.  The ribbon idea is an excellent example of how someone could
represent the infinity symbol.  Say several fedora members are going
to get a bite to eat after a conference.  They happen to walk by a
sculpture in which the artist has incorporated an infinity symbol
prominently.  Instant opportunity to get their pictures in the book!

> If we made it a game, the rules would be write one word in the speech
> bubble in your native language that you think best matches the ideals
> of the Fedora project.

I'd like to make it something that gets people always looking for (and
thinking of) the core ideals.  Think of people at a monument somewhere
pointing to (or gimping a bubble around) some of the words of a famous
speech about freedom.  Is that a double ideal score?

If we were to go with a single item I do agree it needs to be cheep
and easy to produce.  Otherwise there won't be enough pictures to pull
from and it will take forever to accumulate them.  I kind of feel we
should be revisiting the mascot discussion if we want an identifiable
single object.  I'm not sure I have the energy for that discussion.

Russell