Self-Introduction: Rafael Liu Santos

Teseu teseu at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 28 06:47:54 UTC 2008

Hey Rafael,

Welcome, I'm from Brasilia too (and former UnB student too, just a long time
ago in a galaxy far, far away, ops, this is from another place if I remember
well). We can be in touch too plan the event in October in Brasilia, some
kind of FISL in Catolica University.

Teseu

2008/5/28 G <balajig81 at gmail.com>:

> Hi rafael
>
> > Hey all, my name is Rafael Liu Santos and I'm from Brasília, the Brazil
> > capital. I'm a college student in Universidade de Brasília, third year (2
> > more to graduate!).
>
> Welcome Aboard ! Great to have you here as part of this project.
>
> > Honestly my professional back ground is in Java, linux is something I
> love
> > to do any spare time I have. Said that I don't have any certifications or
> > this sorta things.. (I'm planning doing LPI next month, tho). Still I
> think
> > I have some contribution to make, as my college have lots of students and
> > our labs have linux and geeks there use linux at home and there are
> teachers
> > supporting it. I think it's a great environment to spread Fedora.
>
> You dont actually need certifications. Passion to learn and be part of
> this project and of course some amount of time for this project is all
> that is required :)
>
> > Recently I saw some Ubuntu DVDs being distributed and Sun ambassadors
> have
> > being talking about Open Solaris. Then I thought about all of that I've
> > written you and asked my self why not to engage Fedora and spice things
> up
> > there.
>
> Fedora also has a Free Media Programme which is getting more and more
> focus so you could be part of that too and spread it :)
>

> Welcome once again !
>
> Cheers,
> Balaji
>

> 2008/5/28 rafael liu <rafaelliu at gmail.com>:
> > Hey all, my name is Rafael Liu Santos and I'm from Brasília, the Brazil
> > capital. I'm a college student in Universidade de Brasília, third year (2
> > more to graduate!).
> >
> > I've started using linux with Gentoo, since then I've tried Debian and
> > Slackware before sticking with Fedora. I feel it's a great project and
> I'd
> > like to contribute, at first evangelizing which doesn't need much
> expertise,
> > but maybe later with something like some RPM package support. I'm a Java
> > enthusiastic too, and I've been longing to engage in some open source
> > initiative, which I really believe is a great idea.
> >
> > Honestly my professional back ground is in Java, linux is something I
> love
> > to do any spare time I have. Said that I don't have any certifications or
> > this sorta things.. (I'm planning doing LPI next month, tho). Still I
> think
> > I have some contribution to make, as my college have lots of students and
> > our labs have linux and geeks there use linux at home and there are
> teachers
> > supporting it. I think it's a great environment to spread Fedora.
> >
> > Recently I saw some Ubuntu DVDs being distributed and Sun ambassadors
> have
> [...]

"...don't underestimate the power of the dark side..."