Comments: IN DEPTH: Fedora 10 Preview

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 9 20:41:02 UTC 2008

> Another point that had me scratching my head was the same host
> indicating that Fedora had a lot of features that were in Ubuntu
> 8.10.  This is certainly true, but the differentiator is that many of
> these features were *built* by Fedora contributors, inside and outside
> Red Hat.  It's important for us to keep emphasizing this fact.

This is something that has be bugging me for a long time.

Basically, Ubuntu X gets out just a little before Fedora X.

Take the release notes for Ubuntu, they are mainly including « features
» that count in the Fedora X features.

Who gets the credit ? The first one to communicate about them...

We should really start communicating about the features very early in
the process, as soon as they were accepted, even if we later have to
tell « this feature could not be completed in time and is reported ».

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin