Getting out the vote for the Fedora 10 election season

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 1 17:42:39 UTC 2008

> That would
> not really have helped me (and people in my case). My issue was
>> that I knew absolutely nothing about the candidates. How could I vote
>> for
>> one or another ?
>

> If given an opportunity and encouraged to ask questions of all the
> candidates.. would you take it? Would you write a question? Would you
> read the answer to other people's questions?

Absolutely !

In fact, I read each one's description, but hey, they were all of equal
quality to me, and I didn't have the background of each one to make a
better opinion.

A public "ask your candidate what you want to" session would be great too.
We could have each candidate, one after each other, answer questions from
potential voters on IRC. That might even be more effective than some
written questions submitted to each candidate as:

1. one question from someone often leads to another one from someone else
who might not have thought about asking it if it were not for the previous
one
2. when you don't see your question in the ones that were chosen to be
asked, you are always tempted to think that it was censored

Of course, those meetings should be recorded and logged somewhere so that
people who could not attend can read them (summarized maybe ?).

Anyway, as I said, I *wanted* to vote, but just didn't know who to vote
for. Yaakov only came too late with his idea...

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador