Getting out the vote for the Fedora 10 election season

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at
Wed Oct 1 21:34:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at> wrote:
> The voting app is going to grow into being able to do this soonish. As
> a contingency plan if it's not available for F11 (I don't think that
> will be a problem), we could use the Wiki for it I think. But this
> being in the voting app proper is key I think, since it eliminates a
> lot of the administrative heartache that currently goes into the
> elections process.

Okay lets agree on a timeline for when we have to think about going
with a wiki based plan B for candidate Q/A.  I know Nigel is
superhuman, but things happen, and if the functionality for the voting
doesn't make it in time I don't want to have this block on pushing him
to get it done.  And I don't want to drive people to two different
locations, if I can avoid it.

If the the voting app doesn't have the Q/A functionality by Nov. 7
should we just go ahead and tell people to use the wiki for Q/A?

it would help if we could firm up the actual election date, but the
actual timeframe  (Dec vs Jan) seems to depend on whether F10 slips
too much or not.