"Fedora Remix" etymology

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 17:29:31 UTC 2008

Paul, et. al,

I would like to confirm Paul's comments regarding the etymology remix.
I am the person who first came up with it and used it, and if I remember
correctly that was in a taping session for some Red Hat promotional
material (maybe red hat magazine) in the FUDCon at the the run up to
F7.  Actually, I had been using it for some time before that but that
was the first time we officially all kind of agreed that we liked it and
adopted it.

I remember it because I came up with the phraseology because I was
working a lot with creative commons at the time.

Max Spevack can confirm.

Jack