social marketing (Re: FWN: Facebook page)

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 22:12:17 UTC 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 18:46 +0100, Benjamin Lewis wrote:
>
>> Maybe
>> we could have a "Social Networking" SIG or something similar to
>> co-ordinate this and other forms - e.g. Twitter-like services?
>
> Hey, you just described the Marketing group!
>
> Seriously, let's get something about coordinating and how-tos around all
> the social networks, from Digg to Twitter.  Add it to the
> Marketing/Tasks.  Maybe set some goals around exposure and connection
> for Fedora 10.  For example, our focus on Digg'ing really improved in
> the Fedora 9 release.
>
> Anyone passionate about social networking/marketing and wants to work on
> that?

I would be willing to work on this. A cursory glance at the wiki turns
up a list of Social Networks[1]. I believe it would be worth starting
with fleshing this out (a 'complete' list of Facebook groups etc.) and
assigning managers and the like.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SocialNetworks

Oh and I'll add a task too :)

--

Benjamin Lewis
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

NOTE - PGP Key Signing Temporarily Broken - NOTE

Ambassador, Fedora Project - http://fedoraproject.org

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118