Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Oct 10 13:51:11 UTC 2008

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) escreveu:
>> Hello Guys!
>>
>> Read this bad news:
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1474805050;fp;16;fpid;1
>>
>> This is happening frequently. I think we will have to revise some things
>> within the project, particularly the creation of a Legacy project or a
>> Fedora LTS.
>
> There is a Fedora LTS. It's called RHEL or CentOS.

So, we are working here to recommend Red Hat and CENTOS ??

That's the question, Ubuntu has a LTS, Fedora don't! That's the main
problem of the Fedora Project.

Today, we have many users! With this idea to recommend Centos and Red
Hat, we will have a lot of users in the future ?

Thinking in this way, we will hear frequently "Fedora is a beta tester
version to add and improve technologies for Red Hat EL ".

For me and for marketing, it isn't a great decision!

Now i'm presenting lectures in all Brazilian states and i can't talk
about this.. USE CENTOS OR RHEL. I have to recommend Fedora.

I'm here to represent and spread fedora, not Centos or Red hat EL.

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ