[Fwd: Re: F10 artwork questions]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:29:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 22:48 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Forwarding this to the Marketing project for some discussion and
> > upgrade.  The poster in question is at:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster
> >

> How about something like:
>
> Look out for a new star in this autumn's skies: Fedora 10 arrives $date
>
> As the main text?
>
> Seems strange though that we're possibly going to be using lines like
> this for marketing when the release is called Cambridge. Maybe it's
> time we tried to unify the release name with the artwork?

A very old discussion.  We keep aiming for this goal, but sometimes the
themes come in from new people; if the theme is too good to pass up I
suspect we'll end up in this boat again.  I'd rather have an attractive
theme than a matching theme, personally, although having both would be a
bonus! :-)

--
Paul W. Frields