statistics about marketing list users?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 22 13:24:45 UTC 2008

Mani A wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
>>> anyone more than me interested in this statistics?
>> I am more curious on how are you intending to count people for such stats.
>>

> If the raw data is available in some reasonable format (without
> artificial aggregation), then I can help.

Well, getting the data is the hard part, I was questioning here...
- the list of subscribers is not something to give away easily,
otherwise it will be a delight for spammers;
- supposedly you get a list, how you can tell which ones are
"developers"? cross-check with the build system? with FAS? What if the
developers submit the code only upstream or downstream?