Hints & Tips suggestions

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 22 14:25:00 UTC 2008

> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions of hints and tips that we could publish to
> Fedora Magazine?

- how are menus managed (.desktop files)
- using pkcon instead of yum
- switch backends of Totem (maybe only if totem-xine doesn't depend on
some stuff found in livna / RPMFusion)
- write your own plymouth graphical theme (I read it only means writing a
plugin, is it too complicated ?)
- Fedora hardening with SecTool (something basic, the tool is really
expressive)
- make a screencast with istanbul
- use your FAS account in ekiga

There might be lot's of other stuff too :)

We have a french blog translating "Fedora Daily Package" and providing
some "Fedora week-endly hints". Their team is really small so they are
having a hard time writing something regularly, but I'm sure they have
lot's of ideas for content...

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador