Fedora on Greek media

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Oct 30 10:37:04 UTC 2008

A short email to talk a bit about 3 recent Fedora events in Greece: A
conference, a radio broadcast and an appearance on TV!

Athens Digital Week took place 10 days ago. Max Spevack gave a keynote
speech and I presented the Fedora community in a panel about Online
communities. 800 flyers, 250 CDs, 1500 stickers, 10.000
mini-newspapers with a short article on our talks. Full recap in Greek
and machine translation to English at:

 * http://dimitris.glezos.com/weblog/2008/10/25/athens-digital-week-recap/.
 * http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdimitris.glezos.com%2Fweblog%2F2008%2F10%2F25%2Fathens-digital-week-recap%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=el&tl=en

On Thursday I was invited on "Skai 100,3", a popular radio station
broadcasting in Athens. We discussed for some minutes about Fedora,
Live media, and the Greek Fedora team providing support to users who
might need it. Overall a nice discussion, which caused a small surge
of email in my inbox about questions on how to install Fedora.

Blog post and audiotape link (in Greek, discussion at minutes 10:50-18:00).

 * http://www.skai.gr/master_avod.php?id=97828&cid=1491&bc=1491&lsc=2

Finally, yesterday we filmed next Monday's "Digital Greece" TV show,
which is broadcasted on the National TV channel "ET-1" on 6pm. I was
wearing the awesome Fedora ambassadors polo shirt and talked about
Fedora, OLPC, and the Fedora Localization Project.

The show will be broadcasted on Monday 27/10, 6pm on the "ET-1" TV
station. I'll post a link to the video on a blog post when it's
available.

And that's it from the Greek Fedora embassy. =)

-δ

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/