Fedora- Ireland Website?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Sep 15 11:43:04 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> Going back to school on Tuesday.
> Will have to create a website as part of it,
> using whatever app is specified.
>
> Rather than creating a fictitious site,
>  was thinking of putting together a fedora-Ireland site.
> Which after the schooling could be used,
> a basis for Ireland\Fedora users.
>
> Looking for some feedback on the idea (1), and the use of the name
> fedora (2) in a registered domain.

(2) is like we all do for our local Fedora-related websites, a domain is
cheap and usually not a problem to buy yourself. However, there is not a
  single way to choose the domain name, there are in the wild domains
like  fedora-fr.org, projetofedora.org or fedoraproject.ro.

(1) I think if you want the website to be as useful as possible to your
users you may want to run a CMS on it (wiki, blog, forum, drupal -
something with user-contributed content) which may be outside of the
scope for your school project.