Rebranded Fedora Inquiry

Markus McLaughlin hudsonman35 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:24:41 UTC 2008

Hello All,
I'm back from my New York Vacation and I was reading up on the latest Linux
news.  I read this article on Ubuntu Linux at lxer.com concerning a "beefed
up" Ubuntu with legal multimedia codecs being sold as a retail product.  My
questions are if some Programmer wanted to "beef up" Fedora 9 or 10 with
legal multimedia codecs (DVD Reader Support, Blu-Ray Reader Support, Windows
Media Support, etc,) does that person have a right to sell it in that manner
to people online or in a store if that Linux was rebranded and all the
Fedora Icons/Themes were changed?

I would like to know so I can post the answer to that on my Linux Blog...

I can't wait to download the Fedora 10 Beta!  :D

Markus McLaughlin
linuxglobe.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA