Opening Red Hat Magazine

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 20:47:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd like to ask folks here on this list a question.
>
> If we decided to open up Red Hat Magazine, so that members of the Fedora
> community were part of the editorial board, responsible for identifying and
> producing great Fedora content for a broad audience, and using the Red Hat
> Magazine voice directly -- would that be of interest to people here?
>
> I'm talking about running RHM completely transparently.  Open editorial
> meetings, an open publication calendar, etc., etc.  Would you be interested
> in participating in such a project?

My main worry is brand marketing. When I think of Red Hat Magazine, I
expect items/content written/produced for the Red Hat products: RHEL,
RHN, RHCE, RH-DS, RH-IPA, etc. [Even though that has not been the
general trend of the magazine.] I don't think Fedora as at least in my
brain I keep them as separate entities. A Fedora Magazine I would
expect items on Fedora Linux, Spacewalk, FreeIPA, Fedora-DS, Dogtags,
etc..

Does that make sense to others? What would be the end product and what
'marketing brand' would it mostly embracing?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux