Fedora @5: How a Community Approach Works

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 26 00:57:25 UTC 2008

Hi

http://www.internetnews.com/commentary/article.php/3774136/Fedora+5+How+a+Community+Approach+Works.htm

"How could Red Hat do such a thing? Long-time users like me were calling
it total madness and surely a recipe for disaster. History has proven me
wrong. Today, Fedora is a successful and popular Linux project that
proves the community model can work"

"Over the course of the last five years, the Fedora Project has tried to
live up to its founding vision with no less than 9 full distribution
releases and has millions of users.

A key to Fedora's success has been that each distribution release really
has pushed the envelope forward on Linux."

Rahul