Temporary FI platform

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 15 01:42:21 UTC 2009

On 2009-08-14 09:19:12 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
>> How will access be defined? Will there be more of a web-based "apply
>> for access / permissions" thing, or will it be tied to my
>> fedoraproject id? And if it is the latter, is there a specific group I
>> should apply to to get the ball rolling?
>
> Ideally, it'll be tied to FAS. I'm not sure how much work that will be
> to hook up, though - so we'll start with just "create a web-based
> account" until that looks like it isn't going to work much longer.
> (Which should be pretty soon; my personal panic-meter on this is
> probably going to kick in around a dozen test users or so.)
I think docs has already done a good amount of work for FAS integration,
so definitely ask them about that :-)  Hopefully this kind of thing
won't need particularly fine grained permissions though - I don't know
how much of that is supported by the FAS plugin that the docs team had.
I'd definitely like to see the code for that somewhere though :-)

Thanks,
Ricky