[Ambassadors] Congratulations

Lars Delhage delhage at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:11:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 15:15, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Red Hat has announced its 2009 RHCE of the Year winners, and if you
> look here, you'll see a very recognizable name:
>
> http://bit.ly/g6Zto
>
> Congratulations to all the winners, including our very own John Rose,
> whose participation in Fedora is highlightedin the announcement.
> John, thanks to all you continue to do for Fedora, and it's wonderful
> to see your many achievements recognized with this award.  I look
> forward to seeing you in Chicago in a few weeks!

It is with absolute delight that I read this. I have had the pleasure to deal with John in #rhel at freenode and other forums over the last 3(?) years and he is brilliant, eloquent, funny and always willing to help. I can't think of anyone more deserving of this honor.

Congratulations John, I hope to meet you someday in person, as you know it will unfortunately not be at this years Summit.  (Now I'm off to the P.O. to collect a package from some J. Rose... :-)

/Lars

--
Lars Delhage RHC{E,X,A,SS} CL{P,E}{9,10} CNI LPIC-2.tel: +46 8 458 78 10
Nohup AB, Stortorget 1, 111 29 Stockholm           mob: +46 70 781 60 69