Fedora twitter account

Matias Kreder delete at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 2 01:33:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:38:56PM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>> > To further entice folks to pick up on our social networking strategy, here
>> > was a not-too-long-ago thread on this topic:
>> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-November/msg00098.html
>> >
>> > Pascal offered LinkedIn and Facebook:
>> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-November/msg00099.html
>> >
>> > Robyn asked if there was a master list,
>> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-November/msg00100.html
>> > - and I suppose we've just discovered that there is. :) So I added the
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SocialNetworks page to the
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects section - that way we hit
>> > it during our F13 planning discussions.
>>
>> Also, have a look at this.
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1813
>>
>> This is not yet started, so suggestions will be valuable. :)
>
> Kam also passed me the login information for the Twitter account, and
> I'd like to do something with it other than just hold it.  I'd like to
> make sure things are maintained cooperatively through a team, and it
> sounds like we're already making strides toward that goal, so right
> on!
>
> Obviously I don't just want to paste this login info to the wiki, but
> if someone has suggestions for how to handle it, I'm all ears.

It would be good if we can use hootsuite.com or cotweet.com in order
to share the account with anyone who wants to contribute tweeting.
Both pages are good and this way we don't need to be sharing the
password.

I would like to know your opinion about sharing the account this way.

> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>  irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

Matías Kreder
Fedora Ambassador