Fedora Insight: Remaining items

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Thu Dec 10 14:35:01 UTC 2009

On 09/12/09 04:22 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 07:55:52PM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:
>> Hi all --
>>
>> Simon made excellent progress on Monday resolving most of the errors
>> on publictest6 for Fedora Insight.  Xinhua works nicely and I am
>> able to submit, decision, and publish articles with the workflow we
>> designed for FWN.
>>
>> However, we are not ready to launch yet.  We still need to cluster
>> individual FWN beats into a single issue.  When I publish items,
>> they aren't showing up on the interface yet, as the design needs to
>> get synched with the templates that we worked on at FUDCon.  There
>> are a number of design tickets open that Mo was working on.  Diana
>> made good progress on some of these, and we should get the detail
>> for these tickets updated, but there are a number of tickets that we
>> need Mo or someone else on the design team to document and work on.
>>
>> We also did not quite get to the staging server, AFAIK.
>>
>> Perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime later this week to discuss
>> further?  Thanks!
>
> I'd suggest starting with some ticket listing as a report in the right
> Tracs (probably marketing team and design).  I always recommend
> putting a keyword (like Insight) into affected tickets and using that
> as a search so that we can always look at the queue.

I've added both "Zikula" and "Fedora Insight" to the keywords for the
new tickets I've opened.  I cc'ed Simon and Mel on the new tickets I
submitted as well.

> Any items that don't have a ticket yet really should have one.
> Pascal, can you confirm that any the issues above have tickets?

Closed on ticket for FWN workflow and opened several new ones.  All of
these are listed on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight

> As for a meeting time... I know that Mel Chua is way busy on Thursday
> afternoon and we've moved the FUDCon planning meeting to Friday at
> 4:00pm.  Maybe a weekend round up would be better.  I always try to
> suggest a time when posting about a meeting, so that the conversation
> can move forward easier.  How does Sunday at 4:00pm Eastern (2100 UTC)
> look for people?
>
> Paul

Sunday 2009-12-13 works for me, although that would be perhaps a bit
late for Simon.  Thanks!

   - pascal