Contributor Spotlight Podcast

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 05:15:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si> wrote:
> On Sat 19 December 2009 9:28:12 pm Mel Chua wrote:
>>  and mostly needs someone
>> to step up and do the first interview. ;)
>
> Shall we add the final step to getting that first interview to tuesday's
> agenda? :)

I think in addition to that it would be useful to maybe send an email
with a link to a wiki page where people can (a) sign up to be
interviewed and (b) maybe provide a few dates (like a week time-frame)
where they would be available to do something.

This would be great stuff for Fedora Insight :)

I have been thinking something along the same line - although I was
thinking more in terms of print / email / irc interviews, since I'd
imagine quite a number of devs don't necessarily have the gear needed
to do audio, or the bandwidth to follow Paul's guide to doing a
podcast interview (I'll plug that link again for goodness:
http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-news-list/2009-10/msg00000.html).   The
great part about it is - in addition to getting developers excited
about contributing, like Ryan mentioned - is that it also helps to
open up the dialog a little more between marketing and engineering.

Alternately, we could do two separate chains - one where we have devs
interviewing each other on features via email, and maybe the
occasional podcast interview by us.

And since I'm such a marketeer, I have a fabulous name for it: "Under
the Hood" ... since that's basically what we're doing, taking a look
under the hood with these interviews.

Fa la la la la, la la la la......

-Robyn