Self-Introduction: Jan Wildeboer

Jan H Wildeboer jwildebo at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 11:30:33 UTC 2009

Hi all, here we go:

* Full legal name: Jan Wildeboer
* City, Country: Munich, Germany, Earth
* Profession or Student: Red Hat's EMEA Evangelist
* Company: Red Hat
* Your goals in the Fedora Project
  - Spread the word
  - Defend, articulate, explain the philosophy and ultimate goals of Fedora
* What do you want to talk about?
  - The impact of "open" on society, corporate world, philosophy,
science, education and the world.
  - What Open means in several contexts you might not expect it -
monetary system, democracy, transnational movements
* What would you like to see in Fedora?
  - A more general visibility outisde the world of Linux and stuff.
Fedora is a lot more. Our community can deliver so much more.
* Anything else you'd like to do?
  - Meet people. Everywhere in EMEA.
* Historical qualifications
  - At FFII I was one of the core group members that organised the
opposition against SW-PAT in EMEA
  - I was also core developer of OSCommerce
  - I am quite known in the world of politics in europe as a lobbyist
for Open
* What other projects or marketing effors have you worked on in the
past? (List what you think is relevant)
  - See above ;-)
* What level and type of marketing skills do you have?
  - Good speaker
  - Deep technical knowledge
  - Known for sarcasm, irony and respectful bashing ;-)
* What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
  - The red Fedora looks good on me ;-)

Jan

- --
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207
Red Hat GmbH                   | Mobile: +49 (0)174 33 23 249
Technopark II, Haus C          | Fax:    +49 (0)89 205071-111
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15 |
85630 Grasbrunn                |

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Brendan Lane, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera

GPG Key:     3AC3C8AB
Fingerprint: 3D1E C4E0 DD67 E16D E47A  9564 A72F 5C39 3AC3 C8AB