How the Marketing F13 schedule works

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 05:00:26 UTC 2009

Tackled this after the meeting to answer Robyn's questions about the F13
schedule, which I'll also address directly inline on that thread in a
moment.

Braindump hopefully worth reading (but which will make it out to a more
coherent blog post shortly, so don't worry about catching it now if
you're busy) is at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2009-12-22/fedora-mktg.2009-12-22-20.49.html,
also available at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2009.

Meeting summary
---------------
* LINK:
   http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-marketing-tasks.html
   (mchua, 20:50:22)

* How the F13 marketing schedule works  (mchua, 20:57:23)
   * Alpha (pre-March-2nd): focus on infrastructure  (mchua, 20:59:02)
   * example: F12 retrospective, F13 schedule, FAD planning, join
     process, SOPs, software tools (limesurvey, zikula, fedora-tour)
     (mchua, 21:01:15)
   * Beta (March 3rd - April 6th): focus on deliverables  (mchua,
     21:09:01)
   * talking points, slogan, feature profiles, one-page release notes,
     screenshots library, briefing Ambassadors  (mchua, 21:09:18)
   * other activities: FAD happens during this time, marketing research
     ongoing, Fedora Insight publishing materials, Desktop team liasons,
     gear up for PR (press release, press conference) if we have
     bandwidth.  (mchua, 21:10:18)
   * GA (April 7th - May 11th): focus on PR, center-of-excellence for
     increasing contributions  (mchua, 21:33:38)
   * examples: interfacing with press, press conference, helping other
     teams make their marketing deliverables, partnering with Classroom
     to make on-boarding training opportunities for other teams, Join
     process consulting, getting-started marketing via Insight for other
     teams, etc  (mchua, 21:34:22)

* F13 schedule questions  (mchua, 21:35:20)
   * LINK:

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-marketing-tasks.html
     (mchua, 21:35:54)
   * ACTION: tasks 13 and 15 refer to a deprecated deliverable we don't
     do any more (one-page release notes have replaced the tour) and
     should be deleted.  (mchua, 21:43:23)
   * ACTION: add a "brief ambassadors" item for 3/30-4/6  (mchua,
     21:44:13)
   * ACTION: when updating SOPs, note on Tours page that Tours has been
     replaced by one-page release notes  (mchua, 21:46:25)