Fedora 11: What do we expect?

Ashiqur Rahman Angel angel at linux.org.bd
Sun Feb 1 13:42:33 UTC 2009

Frank, very truth. But fact is this not just a numbers of users. This amount
is huge. That´s why today I opened this thread.

And as a FOSS contributor I cant say them to use MS or Apple product. And
they way you are talking. Like,

¨That is what Fedora is about, not a numbers game.
As an Ambassador push the positive
If new-users, don't want to join under the aims\goals of the project.
There is other distros, Microsft Products, and Apple to choose from¨

This way we can´t promote Fedora. We will lose more users.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Ashiqur Rahman Angel wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Please try to understand me. The solution you are giving me, each of
> > this are very complex, atleast complex for newbie Linux users.
>
> I am a newbie to Linux, and find Fedora easier that Ubuntu\Debain.
>
> If you
> > really want to see a huge people to use Fedora,
>
> Numbers of users, are not as important as developers
> and inroads, into non-free oss. and even proprietary.
>
> If you think these people can help Fedora,
> ask them to contact the various codec\sw deveopers,
> and ask them to release under GPL.
>
> That is what Fedora is about, not a numbers game.
> As an Ambassador push the positive
> If new-users, don't want to join under the aims\goals of the project.
> There is other distros, Microsft Products, and Apple to choose from.
>

> Frank

Angel
GPG key: 0x34001F46
Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance