Fedora 11: What do we expect?

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 2 06:31:51 UTC 2009

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GStreamer_dependencies_in_RPM
|     Fedora Project will never have repository for those closed source
or patented codecs on which RPM Fusion is taking care.

| I think, you didn´t get my point. I know, this legal issues. All I
want to say, we have to find a easiest way to install all kind of codecs
at once, that anyone can do it, instead of using codes.

Which can be done through RPM Fusion repository.

|     Already provided by packagekit via Add/Remove Software and editing
source.

| Yes, but not the DVD media as source. I can edit source to add DVD as
software media, you also can, but other people, who will use Fedora for
the first time, they will not know.
Then it is helpful to explain those users they can directly update
through installation. The ability to install packages from DVD was
possible so it is better to submit a bug report on that concern.

|     |
|     Then it is a bug issue for Fedora 9 which does not apply to Fedora 10.
|

| Just I have tried to install amarok from a rpm by double clicking,
what I have got ¨Local Install Failed : Can't install
/home/angel/Desktop/amarok-2.0-2.fc10.i386.rpm¨. Is it a bug?
Which desktop environment do you use? I have not encountered that
problem on Gnome or Enlightenment.

|     | 6. Need to add CD/DVD repo with Fedora 11 default installation,
so people can use DVD to install softwares.
|     |
|     I think it is already available as Fedora repository.
|

| No, it´s not. Go to Administrator>Software Sources. You will not get
any options for DVD as software source.
Then you can request for enhancement. That method was available on Fedora 9.