Meeting Summary and Log of 5/2/2009

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 04:31:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 04:03:13PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> I'm gonna try and do these as well as put them up on the wiki to track.

<wiki_lesson target="All Marketing folks">

Some quick wiki tips:

* 'yum install irclog2html' and use the '-s mediawiki $FILENAME' option:

  irclog2html -s mediawiki /tmp/Marketing_IRC_log_20090205.log

  The output is the typically kind irclog2html format, but prepared
  for MediaWiki consumption.  It is $FILENAME.html.

* Put a copy of the IRC log on the wiki in the Meeting: namespace and
  using a naturally flowing name:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Marketing_IRC_log_20090205

* On the bottom of that page, add this block:

  [[Category:Marketing meeting logs]]

We don't have common suggestions for meeting summaries on the wiki;
most people send them to the list and link to that list archive post
from a wiki page.  If we did put them on the wiki, I would put them in
the same namespace, e.g. [[Meeting:Teamname meeting summary]].  This
helps improve searching by all users, so they don't get false
positives from IRC log discussions; those are then easily searchable
from the advanced search interface.

For anyone who uses the wiki regularly, you want to subscribe to
fedora-wiki at lists.fedoraproject.org to keep up on the latest
decisions, plans, and scheming.

<wiki_lesson>

- Karsten